Min K. Chai, the principal of MKC Law Group, is a corporate business practitioner who represents both domestic, private and public companies and foreign-based companies seeking to establish a presence in the U.S.
Ms. Chai is experienced in handling a variety of domestic business transactions from the time you set up your business to the moment you sell or wind down your business on both a global and domestic level. Her work includes entity selection and formation maters, corporate governance, contract negotiations and drafting, mergers and acquisitions, private offerings, strategic alliances, purchase and sale of on-going businesses and commercial properties, establishment of distributing and licensing arrangements, employment and consulting agreements, nondisclosure agreements, SEC reporting requirements and compliance, franchise registration and consultations, and other business transactions.
Ms. Chai practiced in Seoul, Korea as a foreign consultant from 2002 to 2005, representing and serving as corporate counsel to a wide range of U.S.-based companies seeing to establish a presence in Korea. Transactions included international business involving U.S. and Korean companies in various industries including auto, audio, semiconductor, financial, telecommunications, and technology-based sectors, structuring manufacturing and supply agreements, distributorship agreements, and agency representative agreements for the food and beverage/spirit industries, clothing, furniture and shipping industries.
Additionally, Ms. Chai is experienced in advising U.S. companies on various aspects of operating their foreign-based subsidiaries in Korea, including corporate governance, asset transfers, financing transactions, employment and labor law, lease review and negotiations, and contract negotiations.
- Juris Doctor, University of San Francisco School of Law, 2002
- Santa Clara Summer Exchange Program, Kookmin University College of Law, Korea, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics / Law & Society, University of California, Riverside, 1998 with Honors
- Education Abroad Program, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 1997
- California, 2002
Classes / Seminars Taught
- How to Set Up Business Entities Score, 2010 – Present
- Legal Issues of Starting Business, OC Korean American Bar Association (KABA), 2007 – Present
- Private Equity & Securities Consideration for Private Companies, KCON Business Conference, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Past President / Board Member, OC Korean American Bar Association, 2005 – Present
- Member / Regional Governor, International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL), 2004 – Present
- Member, OC Bar Association (OCBA) – Corporate and Business Section (Executive Director)